Maratón de dibujo Sketchcrawl

Last weekend, Alice, a volunteer we met at de Training and who works in a Coruña, came visit us in Santiago. In fact, she came to participate with a friend to a "Drawing-Marathon", and she invited me to join her. The marathon consisted of a group of 20 artists (painters, drawers, architects, photographers or just amateurs) meeting at the Mercado de Abastos to draw, paint or take photos. It was the first time I spend some time at the market, and I realized what an interesting atmosphere it has. It reminds me of the markets in the south of France: same noise, same people, similar products... the only thing that is really different is the rain (which made outside-drawing quite difficult for me)!

 

After this sketch-session, we went all together to the Bar Pampin near the Plaza de San Pedro to eat lunch, show each others work and exchange experiences. I spend a lot of time comparing the cultural politics of Belgium (where I studied) and Spain with a local architect. Unfortunatly, the conclusion of our discussion wasn't very encouraging for the future of the european artists... 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Noche Intercultural" the 12th of May by Tatiana volunteer in Os Tillos

Running Carreira Pedestre

On arrival-training in Bergondo